Please read these Terms and Conditions as by logging into STFC Gitlab you agree to abide by them. If you have any concerns about these terms and conditions then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not agree with any of these terms then we will be unable to provide you with access to STFC Gitlab.
- to abide by the Acceptable Use Policies of your institution, STFC and JANET.
- not to let any other user make use of your account.
- not to use the service for illegal or immoral purposes.
- not to infringe copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- to take reasonable steps to ensure that the data stored with the service is not lost.
- to protect the security and privacy of any data we hold about you in accordance with the UK Research and Innovation Data Protection Policy.
- that the service is provided 'as-is'. In legal terms, this means that we are excluding all warranties and conditions applying to the service, including those implied by law. We are not liable if things go wrong and you suffer damage as a result except to the extent that such liability may not be lawfully excluded.
- that you are responsible for your use of any advice or information we may give you. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that it's true and useful, but we can't guarantee this. In legal terms, this means that we expressly disclaim any and all liability for all representations, statements, conditions or warranties to that or any other effect except to the extent that such liability may not be lawfully excluded.
- that we may make changes to the service.
- that we will use the personal details which you supply to us, together with records of your use of the service, as described in the UK Research and Innovation Data Protection Policy.
- that we may suspend your access to the service and discuss this with your institution if it seems to us that you are breaking these Terms and Conditions; that if it is necessary to protect the service or other users' work or data, and that we have the right to block or delete your account.
- that you alone are responsible for what you do when using the service. If you break the law you alone must answer for it, and if you cause damage to anyone else, you alone are liable, not us.
- that you will acquire no intellectual property rights over the service or any information we provide.
- that we may periodically analyse project activity to assist in the maintenance of the service.
- that we may make reasonable changes to these Terms and Conditions at any time, and, once we have posted those changes to the site, the new version will then apply to you.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and the English courts.
These Terms and Conditions are gratefully based on the ARCHER Terms and Conditions.